The Center serves hot-cooked meals (breakfast and dinner) and delivers bagged lunches to the needy.
Breakfast is served at 9:00, Dinner at 4:30, Monday through Saturday.
The Center also provides an array of emergency assistance services.
Located at 125 18th Street, Wheeling, WV 26003
- Food Orders: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 11:30 to 1:30
- Walk-in clinic: Thursdays at 4:00. A walk-in clinic provided by Wheeling Hospital is located at the Center. A medical doctor and a nurse treat patients twice weekly. Prescriptions and follow-up are provided at no cost to the patients.
- Prescriptions: For those who go to Emergency Rooms and those who go to doctors who do not serve the clinic.
- Prison Ministry: Groups visit the regional jail & conduct two AA groups and a Bible Study group.
- Eye Care: Provided by Lens Crafters, Anwar and the Lion's Club.
- Laundry: Open 5 days per week. Detergents provided.
- Showers: Available by request. Toiletries provided.
- Telephone: Local Calls; long distance by request.
- Self Help Groups: AA, NA, OA, and Twelve Step Programs are held at the Center.
- Education: Tuition, books and school supplies are provided to elementary and high school students.
- School Clothing: Clothes for students provided by request.
- Children's Services: Diapers, food, baby products and clothes provided.
- Visits to shut-ins: Weekly and by request.
- Official Documents: Drivers Licenses, State ID Cards, Social Security Cards by request.
- Documents: Help with applications for jobs, social benefits, etc., provided by request.
- Utilities: Financial help to prevent services from being terminated. Every Wednesday from 11:30 to 1:00
- Drop-in Center for Mentally Ill: Marian House participants socialize and participate in various activities.
- Funeral Luncheons: by request
- Cleaning Supplies: Every Wednesday from 11:30 to 1:00
- Volunteers give 44,000+ hours of service annually
- Center is open Monday through Saturday from 7:30 to 5:00
- 102 miles covered daily to deliver 240 meals to shut-ins.
- Absolutely no financial charge for any service.